The Public Procurement Authority is mandated under Section 3 (d) of the Public Procurement Act, 2003(Act 663) as amended to “monitor and supervise public procurement and ensure compliance with statutory requirements”.
In fulfillment of this mandate, the Public Procurement Authority is hereby serving notice of the annual assessment of procurement activities for 2020.
Your organization has been selected for this assessment exercise. The assessment will be based on all the procurement activities undertaken in the years 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019.
The assessment exercise has been scheduled to commence from 3rd August to 30th September 2020. A team of Assessors from the Public Procurement Authority has been assigned to you and would assess your organization in the following areas as they relate to procurement:
- MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
- INFORMATION CONTROL
- PROCUREMENT PROCESS
- CONTRACT MANAGEMENT
Key staff working in the under listed Departments/Sections/Units would be interviewed by the Assessors:
- The Head of Entity or his /her representative
- Procurement Unit
- Human Resources
- Internal Audit
- Projects / Works
Experience from previous assessments has shown that it would be more appropriate if representatives from these Departments are interviewed together. Please note that all the protocols associated with COVID-19 should be observed during such sessions.
The Assessors would also look for documentary evidence to support their findings. In line with this, all necessary documentation especially project or transaction files in relation to procurement activities for each of the four (4) years be made available. Attached is a list of documents which among others will be required. Please note that the assessment is largely evidence based. We also intend to publish the results of this exercise in the Newspapers. It is therefore in your interest to fully cooperate in this exercise by making all the required documents available.
We wish to state that this assessment exercise is aimed at improving public sector procurement and not meant to be an inquisitorial exercise.
We therefore count on your usual co-operation to facilitate this exercise and thus ensure the effective implementation of the Public Procurement Act, 2003 (ACT 663) as amended.
AG. CHIEF EXECUTIVE
DISTRIBUTION LIST ATTACHED Distribution List for Assesment
LIST OF REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
- Entity Profile
- List of Entity Tender Committee members
- List of service providers (supplies, consultants and contractors)
- Approved Procurement Plans for each year
- Budget Extract- Total Expenditure for each year
- Budget Extract- Procurement Expenditure for each year
- Staff Training Plan and Reports
- Staff Appraisal Reports
- Documents relating to procurement activities (Goods, Works and services)
- Tender invitation or advert
- Tender Documents
- Evaluation Reports/approvals
- Contract Awards/Letters to unsuccessful Tenderers
- Payments relating to contracts
- Delivery reports/Completion Certificate/Stores Receipt Vouchers
- Other documents relating to contract Management (Goods, Works, Services)
- Minutes of Entity Tender Committee Meetings
- Single Source and Restricted Tender Correspondence including approvals
- Other correspondence relating to procurement including those with PPA
- Internal Audit Report referencing procurement where applicable
- Sustainable Public Procurement Policy