The Chief Executive of the Public Procurement Authority assumes overall responsibility for the successful implementation of the PPA’s policies and programmes, development of the PPA’s Strategic partnerships and corporate relations as well as ensuing the PPA’s sustainability.
He is assisted by a corporate office consisting of a Technical Advisor, an Executive Assistant and a private Secretary.
Specific Functions, duties and responsibilities:
- Development of sustainable procurement strategies and implementation of actions that will result in the modernization of Public Sector Procurement in Ghana with the view to making it efficient and effective.
- Building and maintenance of a strong multi disciplinary management team to deliver value for money in terms of responsiveness, reliability and overall cost benefit, without loss of quality while adhering to the new Procurement Act.
- Ensure Government policies including private sector initiatives, public sector reforms, and anti-corruption measures are extended to public procurement.
- Mr. Frank Mante, Acting CEO
- Mr. Kwame Prempeh, Deputy CEO
- Ms. Sefakor Attah, Senior Executive Assistant
- Ms. Joana Sakyi Asiedu, Senior Admin. Officer
- Mr. Charles O. Lamptey, Senior Office Clerk
- Mr. Samuel Issah, Filing Clerk/Dispatch Rider
To provide leadership and direction for professionalization of procurement in the public sector. And to set professional standards, agree on performance indicators, ethics and competencies needed in the public sector.
- Planning and drawing up of strategy for capacity building, to support and strengthen the public procurement system
- Assessing training needs required for the public procurement system and delivering programmes to deal with shortcomings
- Establishing standards and performance criteria required at each level of operation.
- Identifying institutions that would provide formal programmes for academic qualifications to meet professional standards required at all levels of operation.
- Designing and implementing procurement training programmes suitable for other professionals associated with the procurement function.
- Liaising with Office of Head of the Civil Service and other relevant public institutions for career structure in the public service for procurement professionals.
- Mr. Vidal Creppy, Director, CD & Admin.
- Mr. Abraham Ablorh Mensah, Prin. Fin. Officer (Training Associate)
- Mr. Andrew K. Baafi, Principal Operations Officer, CD
- Ms. Charlotte Anaafi, Administrative Officer
- Mrs. Edwina Safee Boafo, Operations Officer, CD
- Ms. Miriam Eyram Osei, Assistant Operations Officer, CD
- Ms. Hannah Anomafoah Ofori, Front Desk Officer
To provide legal advice to the Board on all matters pertaining to the discharge of its functions under the Public Procurement Act, 2003. And to act as a Secretary to the Board and maintain records of proceedings.
Specific Functions, duties and responsibilities.
- Assisting the Board to adjudicate on cases of complaints, reviews arbitration and appeals, and establishing detailed administrative and mechanisms.
- Assisting the Board to draft proposals and regulations as prescribed in the Procurement Act.
- Representing the Board in Litigation and external administrative hearings.
- Dealing with all public enquiries in relation to queries, complaints and review cases.
- Working with other Directors to review and update standard tender documents, and guidance notes.
- Mrs. Lesley Dodoo, Director, Legal
- Ms. Wilhelmina Asabea Bampoe, Senior Legal Officer
- Ms. Mavis Cudjoe, Administrative Officer
To develop a computerized system for monitoring and evaluating public procurement performance.
- Establishing Management Information Systems for Board’s, MDAs, and MMDAs operations and ensuring the establishment of Databases for standards and prices available in Ghana and elsewhere;
- Establishing of suppliers’, consultants’, contractors’ database in Ghana and elsewhere;
- Developing and updating list of procurement entities, members and secretaries of tender committees and tender review boards;
- Developing and providing IT and e-procurement support services;
- Developing and maintaining the Board’s website.
- Mr. Thomas K. Bondzi, Head, I.T. Support Services
- Mr. Ebenezer K. Opoku, Senior I.T. Officer
- Mr. Gideon Sandinah, I.T. Officer
To develop effective monitoring & evaluation systems and programmes for auditing all public sector institutions on procurement issues. And to set benchmarks for performance measurement and procurement audit.
- Monitoring and evaluation progress made in the implementation of procurement reform.
- Monitoring and evaluation procedures regularly, and preparing detailed reports on financial savings on procurement.
- Establishing guidelines in collaboration with the Internal Audit Agency on systems and procedures for procurement auditing and inspecting records of procurement entities.
- Monitoring and evaluation of the manner in which targets are set and attained.
- Mr. Eric Victor Appiah, Director, CM&E
- Mr. Joseph Kuruk, Principal Operations Officer
- Mr. Prince Lamptey, Principal Operations Officer
- Ms. Faustina Adjorkor Okuadjo, Principal Operations Officer
- Mr. Yahuzah Yakubu, Senior Operations Officer
- Mrs. Sheila Darkey, Senior Operations Officer
- Mrs. Yaa Amanimaa Nsiah, Operations Officer
To develop best practice procurement policies and strategies to ensure that government procurement achieves transparency, accountability and value for money.
- Leading discussions to enable the Board introduce various procurement policies to support its work.
- Developing efficient strategies for disseminating the policies across all MDAs and MMDAs.
- Ensuring that government policies including private sector initiatives, public sector reforms, and anti – corruption measures extend to public procurement.
- Working with other Directorates to review annual reports submitted by all Procurement Entities and organizing annual procurement forums.
- Developing the relevant policies and strategies in procurement in the public sector.
- Mr. Ferdinand Carl Lokko, Director, RP&P
- Mr. Alex Osei-Bonsu, Principal Operations Officer, RP&P
- Ms. Olivia Bortier, Assistant Operations Officer, RP&P